Monday, November 19, 2007

My Favorite Books Meme

Cruising the blogs today (in a desperate attempt to procrastinate getting my 2,000 words of awful novel in today), I came across a fun meme at Sylvia's Insight. I love books as much as the next blogger, so I decided to play along. Here are my answers:

1. How many books do you own?

I'm not sure; at least a couple hundred; a couple hundred more up at my parents' house; and I currently have two or three severely overdue library books too. I grew up in libraries and I'm pretty frugal, so I check out more than I buy.

2. What was the last book you read?

A Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier.

3. What was the last book you purchased?

Bill Bryson's latest book, The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid. It was during a book signing he was giving in my home town. I got to be in the same room as Bill Bryson!

4. What five books are the most meaningful to you?

This is a toughie; there are so many books that mean so much to me and that I read over and over. This week I'd have to pick The Lord of the Rings, The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley, Midnight Salvage by Adrienne Rich, A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle, and....Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer.

5. What is your favorite most obscure book?

Grendel by John Gardner.

Okay, so usually people tag other people on these things...but I'm leaving participation up to you. What are your favorite books?

No comments: